1. Objectives and principles of staff management in a modern organization
The staff of each organization is the most difficult object of management. Unlike tangible assets, people are able to make decisions independently and evaluate their requirements. In addition, the staff is a team, each member of which has its own interests and is very sensitive to managerial influences, so it is difficult to predict their reaction.
Modern concepts of staff management are based on the recognition of the increasing importance of the employee’s personality, on the study of his motivations, on the ability to adjust them in accordance with the strategic tasks of the company.
Staff management is based on several important principles:
- The principle of staff recruitment for business and personal qualities.
- The principle of cooperation: the combination of experienced members and young employees.
- The principle of official and professional advancement of workers based on the use of reasonable criteria for evaluating their activities and ensuring conditions for the next career growth.
- The principle of open competition: a company that is interested in building human resources should encourage competition between employees who want to hold a higher position.
- The principle of combining trust in employees and checking the execution of orders.
- The principle of conformity – the entrusted work must correspond to the capabilities and abilities of the performer.
- The principle of automatic replacement of an absent employee with correspondence to official job descriptions.
- The principle of advanced training.
- The principle of legal security – all personnel management decisions should be made only on the basis of existing legal acts.
Personnel management should have a systemic nature, which means a coordinated approach is needed to all areas of formation and regulation of the company’s staff: recruitment, training and advanced training, selection and employment.
2. Modern approaches to personnel management
It is necessary to remember that modern IT- technologies greatly facilitate all processes. Therefore, all successful companies are switching to online management. It saves a lot of time and increases productivity. For example, CFNA app allows its users (employees) to access to relevant employee information and tools online. In addition, its users can use their browser to access CFNA login page.
Today’s HR specialists use a wide variety of development and methods at their work. Each level – from recruitment to its dismissal – has certain techniques aimed at achieving maximum efficiency.
Recruitment. At this stage, a wide range of approaches can be applied:
- Aggressive headhunting – hunting for promising employees of competing companies.
- HR branding – the formation of an attractive image of the company.
- Automation of recruitment – the use of IT-systems (ATS).
- Remote recruitment – hiring remote employees.
- Using social networks to find employees.
Adaptation is the process of entering new employees in a team and familiarizing them with the specifics of work. Personnel services of the company should facilitate the rapid adaptation of new team members. The following methods are used for this:
- Mentoring – help from an experienced employee.
- Workshops and training on the development of communication skills, on studying the specifics of the enterprise, training on behavioral technologies in stressful situations.
- Special role-playing games designed to unite the team and strengthen team spirit.
- Study tours of the company, meeting with colleagues, corporate culture.
- A conversation of a new employee with a personnel manager, supervisor.
Staff training and development. According to this approach to staff management, staff services can use:
- Professional training courses.
- Seminars, lectures, conferences, business breakfasts, round tables, discussions.
- Executive training based on the independent solution of specific tasks from real practice.
- Business games and training. Self-education.